Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I am well into this project now, and have experienced a range of feelings about it.  On the one hand, I enjoy the lack of confusion in my closet: no more digging around to find an article of clothing, no more wondering WHERE that missing piece could be, no more stressing about how recently I may have worn a particular item.  On the other hand, I miss (to a degree) the OPTIONS.  In fact the lack of options is what kept me from posting much recently.  I figured if I was sick of seeing me in jeans and my grey cardigan, you were too.  Go ahead and admit it, I won't be offended.

I also have to confess that I never got to my storage unit to dig out my black pencil skirt and black dress.  Whether it was laziness, or the cold weather or what, I don't know.  I do know that I bought a cute brown dress on Overstock.com, a cuddly sweater dress WITH POCKETS! Oh how I love pockets! I wore it today, and felt so much cuter than I have in weeks.  I'm sure part of my feelings lately are due to the winter doldrums, but putting on something new and fresh felt SO good!   I paired it with black tights, black riding boots, and my brown scarf....I can see this dress becoming a favorite, and in the fall, it will probably fit my daughter. So that's a win on the reuse portion of the 3R's .

I may do a mid-season assessment of how my items are working out for me, in the next few days or so.  the weather here will start warming up soon, and I may need to make some swaps. But we'll see how that goes.   I can see with certainty though, one huge benefit of this project has been how conscious I am of my weight...I NEED to be able to fit into my clothes in order to wear them, and when you only have 33 items to play with, that's a commitment to weight control right there!


No comments:

Post a Comment