Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The eleventh month...

November always has a hurried feel to it for me.  It seems as if the clock starts speeding up as the year dwindles down.  What about all those things I planned to accomplish during '09?  Can I get all my 'to do's' checked off before NYE?  The hopeful answer is YES! The more realistic one is;  some of them yes, others not so much.

At the moment, due to some unplanned strife, I'm focused on getting projects in my house finished up.  This month will see me fixing floors in the kitchen and bathroom, painting, getting rid of yet more clutter and doing a major reorganization of space.  I'll also be tying up loose ends in the legal realm, and hopefully finally have all my financial issues on track to being resolved.  You know how they say it takes money to make money?  They weren't kidding.


On the positive side, thanks to a wonderful friend, I now have a working punch list of things that MUST get done.  That alone helps enormously.   Also, I finally have a part time job working for St.  Michaels Winery as a wine tasting rep.  I will be working my first gig for them this coming Friday!  So if you are in the neighborhood of Angels Market in Pasadena Md, come on out and let me pour you a sample or two.

In the neutral column, I'm not currently dancing with Belly Dance Delight.  I love my troupies, but I just couldn't give the schedule the energy it deserved.  I'm still dancing though, just not as much.  Hopefully I'll finally be able to put together some paid gigs in Salisbury and continue to take workshops and the occasional private lesson.

On the subject of Belly Dance, I had a super fun photo shoot on the beach in North Carolina at the end of October.  I was visiting and 'just happened' to have a lovely pink costume in the car.  You never know when a shimmy emergency will occur, and a good dancer is always prepared!   Of course we took over 300 photos and I actually like about 10, but that's how the baklava crumbles.  I'm hoping to get a few more photo shoots done in the next couple of months.  I have a few ideas for a Christmas themed one, as well as an Autumn theme.  

I should be posting more soon about the upcoming Maryland Irish Festival in Timonium, as well as reporting back on my Wine Rep experiences.  In the mean time, enjoy these photos from Scary Perry and the beach photo shoot.






No comments:

Post a Comment