Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog Break Over!

Yeah, so it's a been a couple of weeks since I wrote anything.  But I've not fallen off the Project 333 wagon...quite the opposite.

See, I took a trip to NYC with the Man, and as he has a tiny awesome car, I had to pack light.  Which, by the way I was in the process of doing when he announced we wouldn't be driving INTO the city, but instead would park in Jersey and take the Path Train in and then walk to our accommodation.  10 Blocks. In the freezing cold.  After Dark.  Yeeeee-aaaaaahhhhhh.    So I started UN-Packing.  Did you know you can spend a week in Manhattan and get by with ONE pair of black pants, ONE pair of jeans and 3 shirts? Add in a cardigan, and a couple of scarves and you're pretty much set. I did take two pair of boots, one flat and one with a heel.  Our days  were mostly spent walking, eating, window shopping, eating, walking some more, having wine, eating, walking, and having long talks about where we would eat the next day.  See a theme?  We did have a couple of occasions to look nice: 1. Taping of the Jon Stewart Daily Show (FUN) 2. Dinner at our favorite Upper West Side Resto  3. A fantastic party at Ace Hotel on 29th.   Still, I got by with just what I'd brought. Those black pants got a workout! I did also pack a very cute hat I got for Christmas, and my mostest favorite hat--the one with fake fur and earflaps.  Turns out that second one was THE ONE to have in Manhattan!  All the fashionistas were wearing them.  I felt so deliciously stylish!  Man said I looked like a Russian Motorcycle Cop in the hat, boots and leather jacket.  I'm taking that as a compliment.

This week is Back-To-School week for me.  Spring Semester started on Monday, and I'm already overwhelmed with reading and papers, but my new pared down closet is making mornings less stressful.  I know whatever I grab will fit, go together, and be weather/lifestyle appropriate.  Today's ensemble is pictured below.  In addition to classes, I had to (wo)man the French Club table at the Student Activity Fair, so wanted to look particularly chic.  I think I achieved my goal.

Turquoise Sweater Dress
Blue silk scarf
Black tights
Black HH Boots


It's currently snowing gangbusters, so tomorrow's look will definitely be more casual! 

No comments:

Post a Comment