Friday, January 7, 2011

Project333 and Me!

I briefly considered starting a new blog entirely to document my progress with Project333 which you can learn more about HERE  .  But that would require too much effort, and if nothing else I am a master at taking the easy way out.  So instead of wasting time thinking up a great name and catchy hook for a new blog, I'll just repurpose this one.  Jus'sayin, will for the next three months, be devoted to my progress, feelings, and struggles, with Project333.  

Today is my first official day and thus far I have made my list, and documented my outfit du jour with a photo. I am also tracking all of this in a delightful little black book I purchased specifically for daily outfit descriptions.  This way, if I am away from the computer (oh no!) I can still update you. You're welcome.

I am also bending/customizing the rules a bit to accommodate my lifestyle.  In the basic rules, sleep wear, at-home lounge wear, and workout wear are excluded from the 33 items.  Well, sorry, but I don't do sleep wear, or at home lounge wear.  So, I am combining those two categories and renaming them "Scarves, hats, gloves, purses, shoes, coats" and including in the workout wear my sport/fitness/outdoor items...ie my ski gloves/boots/jacket, my motorcycling clothes/helmet, and hiking boots.  The originator of this program stresses that it has to work for  the person doing it.  So that's what I'm doing.   But before you cry foul, know that I am limiting my purses to: Teal day bag, Brown day bag, Red day bag, recycled sari evening bag.  My shoes will be: Black high heel boots, Black low heel boots, Brown high heels, Black mary-janes, Black Satin evening shoes, Metallic evening sandals.  Coats will be limited to: Tan Trench, Brown vest, Black leather jacket.  I actually don't have a decent pair of gloves at the moment, and I received two ADORABLE hats at Christmas that I just can't stop wearing.

So here is my list of 33:


  1. Flare Jeans
  2. Boot Cut Jeans
  3. Old jeans
  4. Black pants
  5. Purple Drape Neck top
  6. Black    "         "       "
  7. Cream   "         "        "
  8. Black V Neck top   Black Lace top
  9. White V Neck top
  10. Blue  V Neck top
  11. Red Blouse
  12. White Blouse
  13. Black Blouse
  14. Grey Ruffled Cardi
  15. Snowflake Cardi
  16. Black Turtleneck wool sweater
  17. Red Turtleneck wool sweater
  18. Rose Cowl Neck wool sweater
  19. Blue V Neck Merino wool sweater
  20. Brown V Neck Cashmere sweater  Grey Scoop Neck Silk/wool Sweater
  21. Blue V Neck Cashmere sweater
  22. Black and White print dress
  23. Black wrap dress
  24. Blue sweater dress
  25. Black wool pencil skirt
  26. Grey flare skirt
  27. Green Velvet jacket
  28. Black cocktail dress
  29. Black shrug
  30. Gold silk Tank
  31. Black silk Tank
  32. Maroon REI shirt
  33. Black EMS tech fabric shirt

So there you have it.  My 33.  
And here is what I put together today, based on my scheduled activities of helping stuff envelopes for a school fundraising auction, and shopping for new black boots to replace my falling apart pair. 

This outfit is: Purple Drape Neck Top
Flare Jeans
Grey Ruffled Cardi
Black HH Boots
Rust 30's crochet hat w/flower

Hmm. maybe I should consider just putting the numbers for the items, who knows maybe they'll hit in the lottery and we'll all get rich!


****edited already!****  I made the decision to swap out the Black V Neck top for a Black Lace top, and to swap the Brown V Neck Cashmere sweater for a Grey Scoop Neck Silk/Wool sweater.  I reserve the right to continue to make adjustments if needed. 

2 comments: