Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today has been an odd day.  We were supposed to get a snowstorm overnight but didn't.  Then all day the forecasters kept saying we were just about to be snowed on, but nothing ever materialized.  Schools were dismissed early anyway, and in true Murphy's Law fashion it began sleeting just as I walked out the door to  drive across town and pick up my daughter.  Driving on slick roads is nothing new for me, but it always makes me hyper aware of all the potential hazards in my car, and what a pain it would be to be stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck,  if I were to be involved in an accident.   Thus I resolved (and not for the first time) to clean out my car.  I kept hearing my boyfriend's voice saying "your car will be so clean, the only thing in it will be car".  That's what he said the day he took lil blue and me to the AutoSpa in Timonium and got her the deluxe spa day.   I guess my new commitment to clothing minimalism is bleeding over into other areas of my life.  I did indeed unload a bunch of crap out of my car today, and hope to do some more tomorrow.  Who knows, maybe I'll go whole hog and get her washed and waxed!

At any rate, today was a very, very casual day at Casa Curmudgeon.

Blue V Neck Cashmere Sweater
Old Jeans
Brown High Heel shoes. 

Yup.  Majorly boring outfit.  Later I did add a brown embroidered scarf and my brown vest, to go to Target and the grocery.   

I'm delighted to have the desire to declutter more areas of my life.  But I also wish I didn't feel so blah today.  Maybe I'll feel sparkier tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment