Monday, January 10, 2011

It's a Twofer!

Yup I missed blogging yesterday.  I spent the weekend out of town so didn't have access to my computer or the time really.  But I did find it extremely easy to pack for my overnight trip.  I knew what my activities would be while I was away, and with my newly pared down wardrobe it was a cinch to throw a couple of items in my bag and hit the road.

Saturday evening we went to the Baltimore Emerald Isle Club ceili and had a fabulous time with our friends, dancing, talking, laughing.  The ceilis are always fun,and a great way to spend an evening.  The dress is definitely comfort first.  You burn a lot of calories when you dance, and staying cool and comfy is the key.

Sunday, was devoted to Ravens football!  We headed down to Cross Street Market in Federal Hill to meet up with a different group of friends, watch the game, drink beer and eat seafood.  What could be more fun?   Game day apparel always runs to Purple and Black.  I definitely had the black covered, with just enough purple to stay on the good side of my Charm City crew.



Black EMS tech top (with purple top stitching detail)
Old Jeans
Black HH Boots
awesome hat! (thx MOM!)


Today was a laid back at home day, with the exception of a pre-dinner appointment.  So for the most part I just wanted comfortable, but still pulled together.  We're expecting snow tonight and the temperature here definitely is commensurate with that forecast.

Grey Ruffled Cardi
Black Drape Neck Top
Old Jeans
Black HH Boots.

So far I'm finding the ease of dressing enjoyable.  I haven't worked too hard at accessorizing, aside from the obvious hats.  I expect when the semester starts up again at the end of the month, I'll be more attentive to using accessories to vary my looks.  For now, the dogs and the kid don't really care about my "flair".  

No comments:

Post a Comment